This book/report has eight chapters and focuses on measuring and analyzing the impact of GVCs on economic development. After the foreward and executive summary, the chapters include:
- 1. Analytical frameworks for global value chains: an overview
- 2. Recent trends in global trade and global value chains
- 3. From domestic to regional to global: factory Africa and factory Latin America?
- 4. Accumulated trade costs and their impact on domestic and international value chains
- 5. The middle-income trap and upgrading along global value chains
- 6. Services trade and global value chain
- 7. Institutional quality and participation in global value chains
- 8. Preferential trade agreements and global value chains: theory, evidence, and open questions
- Appendix 1 : Authors' conferences.